Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Ears Pierced
I planned on waiting till you were a teenager before I let you get your ears pierced. Yet, you wanted them so bad. I think you felt that it made you feel more girly and grown up. Aunt Tammy was coming into town and I thought that would be the perfect time for you to get them done. After telling Aunt Tammy she was so excited and couldn't stop telling me what I needed to do to prepare and care for your soon to me pierced ears. She even let you pick out any pair of earrings to wear. I tried my best to not influence your decision to much but really didn't want you to pick out something too childish. You decided on butterflies.
After many weeks of anticipation Aunt Tammy came down to watch you girls so Dad and I could finally take our Honeymoon (7 years later). Before we left town we headed to the mall. I had prepped you being as burtley honest about the pain and that they use a gun type thing to pierce the hole. I wanted you to be prepared and I think you are mature enough to handle it. So after watching a baby get her ears pierced and seeing her scream her head off it was your turn. The lady who was going to do the job was uneasy. She asked if you saw the baby get her ears pierced and was convinced that you were going to freak out. I proudly said that you have been honestly prepped and wanted your ears pierced. You climbed into the chair, determined to be brave and get those shiney gems in your ears. Holding tight to an animal one ear pierced and I could see you talk to yourself. "One down, I can do this, I can do this." And you did. No tears, no flinching, not even phased.
We were so proud of you!
You are growing up my little lady.

No comments:
Post a Comment