(These are the pictures I took to create your birthday invite)
Dad had a fishing trip in Washington and we decided to tag along and celebrate your birthday a month early with all our family.
When Aunt Tammy found out we were coming to celebrate your birthday she was so excited! We choose the classic barbie theme. The crafter came out in her. (She is not so crafty like your Nana) This made me smile a few times. She did an awesome job.
I decided to bake your cake from scratch with GG. You want a chocolate cake. It turned out really moist and rich. You played with GG toys more than helped.
Look at those decoration. All your Auntie Tammy! I made your birthday crown. You picked out all the jewels.
Since your first birthday we have taken a picture by the cake just us three. These are some of my favorite photos. I hope to hang them in the house some day.
You had many of your favorite family come to celebrate. GG, Grandpa, Auntie Tammy,UncleDean, Grandma Joanie, Uncle Tyson and our good friend Debbie. They were so kind in their gifts. You know have your Barbie collection.
The day of your party a snow storm came in. Grandpa wanted to get home before it got to bad. Grandpa lives 3 hours away. Grandpa got in an accident. He rolled his truck a couple of times and landed on top. I am telling you this story because I believe Grandpa was protected. The Lord had shown are family a tender mercy. See Grandpa was not the only one to get in an accident where he did. Six other car wreaked. Grandpa was the only one to walk away with no injury.
Uncle Dean went down at 11:30 at night to pick him up. I laid tormented in my bed for hours wondering if I should of gone instead and not Uncle Dean. Is my Dad really okay? Why did this happen so soon after Nana passing? Above that I prayed over and over again. Finally at two in the morning I had talked with Grandpa. He was okay. I had found peace a bit before that.
During my prayers it came back to my memory that the Lord had told him in a blessing that he still had many things to do on this earth. This brought me peace that he was going to be okay from the accident. Also I felt that he had others around him to protect him. Nana included.
This accident was a tender mercy of the Lord. He spared your Grandpa and kept Uncle Dean safe in his travels. He heard my prayers and spoke to my mind.
I know not why bad things happen to good people at certain times. I do know that the Lord is their to show tender mercies and support during that trail. I guess really bad things happen because that is how the world works. It is called opposition. But with everything bad that can or could go wrong we have the Savior and his teaching to help us get through. Above that we have prayer.







No comments:
Post a Comment